Saturday, April 28, 2007

Gone Fishin'

Recently, Josiah and I went out fishing. It was Josiah's first time! There is a beautiful little river near Benton, the Fever River. (Don't let the name scare you, though. After all, there IS an antidote!) This is "one of Wisconsin's premier smallmouth bass fishing streams." (From the WI DNR site). Josiah and I caught one 11" smallmouth bass our first time out... And that was with a Twister and a bobber. (I was teaching him how to cast...) The Fever is also home to trout, walleye, and "chubs".

Josiah found it quite funny that another name for cow poop is "cow pie". He was quick to note that "cowpies are not for eating, though."

We've now gone out a few times; however, the rain has made for some poor fishing... The Fever is starting to go down and clear out, so we may try again this weekend...

I'll bring the camera this time and post a few pics later on!

P.S. We also got the hammock back out... Excellent for taking naps after a rigorous fishing expedition!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Fun fun fun! I'd love to go fishing. I've only been once (although I grew up spear fishing.)

Congrats on being a youth pastor, too. I was so happy to hear that - you'll do an amazing job!