Saturday, July 19, 2008

Lifest

Kathy and I recently attended Lifest in Oshkosh with some of our youth group. Lifest is a huge music festival (5 days). There are all sorts of bands that come, from "tame" Casting Crowns" to the more "invigorating" Skillet. Other bands that came were Newsboys, Switchfoot, Superchic(k), Lost and Found, August Burns Red, Seventh Day Slumber and many others that I can't remember! A lot of the bands were quite good and a few were quite poor. A few bands had great messages in between the songs... There also were some great speakers! I had the youth go to morning, afternoon, and evening seminars... I believe that they learned some things, as did I!
u
I'm not much into music (being a bit of a sports follower, as you may have surmised), but Lifest was really great!

We tented the whole time, and I grilled a bunch of food... We had two colossal storms go through, but God spared our tent sites!

All-in-all I had a great time and would do it again!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Glad you had such a great time. It sounds like lots of fun!

Hee hee, I prefer "tame" music, as I have three kids banging pots and pans together, and I don't need any more head-banging stuff on the CD player!